Thursday, April 14, 2005

Downtown London Adventure Pt. 2

So, yes, the saga continues. The thrill of working at Hakim Optical never ends. Couple days ago I almost called the cops because some drunk man was in the store harassing all the girls and wanted to take his glasses without paying. It was quite the fiasco. What I have learned working downtown is that a lot of people have such a skewed perception on people who are on welfare. Some believe that they are all bums who leech money from the government. True, I have seen some of the above mentioned. But, most of them are really good-hearted people who are going through some rough times, have some sort of disability that prevents them from making money and they are truly trying hard to make ends meet. And yet, the general public thinks they're a waste of time. Well, working at this store has definitely opened my eyes, and softened my heart. Haha....sounds cheesy, but it's true!

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying the weather, I know I am. 'Till next time!

3 Comments:

At 4/15/2005 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are u?. . honestly. . opened your eyes and softened your heat. . U were just in Guyana. . i mean down town london can't be as bad as Guyana. And your favourite move is bambi!!!. . blah!

Chiness

 
At 4/18/2005 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

favourite movie is bambi? You told me it was Debbie does Dallas?

 
At 4/19/2005 1:02 AM, Blogger faranv said...

It was until I saw Bambi. What a great movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home