Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Battle of the Browsers


There is a silent war going on in cyberworld, and no Mario fans, I'm not talking about the King. I am talking about Web Browsers. Most people I talk to are not aware that there is a world outside of Internet Explorer. Well my friends, there is, and sometimes it's a lot better. How? These alternate browsers are safer, more user-friendly and quite accessible. I have personally made the switch to Opera. Although certain functions such as ActiveX and some videos don't work with it, it performs the same as IE, but has extra perks. I can browse by tabs, search using the address bar and have forms automatically completed for me. It also blocks pop-ups and prevents malicious spyware from creeping onto my PC. Click here for an extensive guide provided by PC World that gives us a good comparison of the alternatives available to us. Firefox seems to be the leader of the pack, because it is the simplest, but most powerful. Not unlike the introduction of alternative health care (acupuncture, chiropractic, shiatsu, etc.), we have become so accustomed to the 'norm' (general medicine), that we are afraid to try new things! I have had no problems with Opera, and hopefully you can make the switch too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home