Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The "Blog Train"












So, it seems as though more and more people are constantly jumping onto the wagon. Now, it's very difficult to approximate the actual number of blogs out there, but here are some statistics (all approximates):
  • 15,000 new weblogs created every day
  • Less than a million are updated regularly (275,000 new posts daily)
  • 200 blogs have monthly traffic in excess of 1,000,000
  • Only 20 have monthly traffic in excess of 10,000,000
  • 11% (50,000,000) of internet users browse blogs regularly
Yes, I guess it is useless information, but I can guarantee that you read it, and at one point said/thought "woah" à-la Neo. The most interesting statistic for me is that less than a million of these blogs are updated regularly (1% of all weblogs). What does this mean? There's a whole bunch of blogs out there with ONE post saying something such as this: "Wow, everybody's blogging now, I should do it too. I'm going to be throwing some wild and crazy things out at you, so keep your guard up! Peace!" That's it. Hehe...wasting valuable web-space while less fortunate people have absolutely NONE!

Now, some who are reading this are probably in this same boat, so either play hard...or go home. Peace!

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 11:38 PM, Blogger Paul J. Heidema said...

I totally agree Faran. Too many one timers and not enough streaks. We need more Michael Jordans and less Guy Smileys. I vow to continue blogging until my future wife makes me stop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home